- Large chest with copper and silver ingots (140gp).
Weighs 180 lbs. Empty chest weighs 100 lb. Six copper ingots (5gp; 10 lbs each) and two silver ingots (50gp; 10 lbs each). Room for more.
- Ornate cold iron everburning torch (120gp).Weighs 4 lbs. Can be wielded as a light mace in combat without penalty to the torch bearer.
- Silvered flail with head styled as a clenched fist (110gp).
Weighs 5 lbs. Does 1d8 bashing damage, +2 to disarm attempts, can be used for trip attacks.
- Black ovoid gem, warm to touch (100gp).
Weighs 1 lb. Cabochon-cut jet, suitable for magic jar.
- Chain shirt suitable for human (100gp).
Weighs 25 lbs. +4 to AC; Armour penalty -2, Spell failure 20%.
- Hand-painted deck of ivory playing cards (100gp). Weighs 1 lb. Vibrant inks and lacquering make these particularly durable examples.
- Jade statuette of nude elf with sword (100gp).
Weighs 4 lbs. In challenging pose with smiling face, sword in en garde position.
- Necklace of pink coral and cowrie shells (100gp). Weighs 2 lbs. Strung on silver wire
- Thick leather-bound book with sword etched into the cover (100gp).
Weighs 5 lbs. This is the Codex of Warlords, a combination of holy text and heritage book for local nobles. Written on quality paper with chapter illustrations are the following.
* A holy text for the god of war and swords. Includes the deeds of his faithful, aphorisms, blessings and one-liners to be spoken over the fallen.
* Genealogies, accounts of historic battles, heraldic devices and ancestral deeds give a +2 to Knowledge (nobility) checks.
- Wig of shoulder-length violet tresses (100gp).
Weighs 3 lbs. Finely-braided elven hair dyed with considerable skill. Suitable for nobility.
- Slightly worn black bear fur jacket (90gp).
Weighs 3lb. Suitable for court, cut for a human male.
- Doublet of black velvet with pearl buttons (80gp). Weighs 10 lbs. Buttons are freshwater pearls of poor quality. Suitable for nobility, cut for a portly human male.
Thursday, 27 February 2014
unlikely treasures 2: even more loot for the taking
Positioned at the edge of the first piazza after the market gate, The Lance And Board is a well-maintained stone gatehouse bought as the cit...
A play by Jose Zorilla performed in Spain on All Saint's Day for over 100 years, the story provides buckets of inspiration, be it the n...
Metric: Pieces. Whether of eight, of mind or meeses depends on the game. DISCLAIMER: Review based on PDF copy provided by Open Design. ...
Igneous Ink This ink is used for ritual purposes, igniting once it dries and burning with a faint orange smoky flame equal to candlelight. ...
Roll 1d10 for unlikely loot. Fingerbone skeleton key with jet inlaid handle . The key opens any non-magical lock on 1 in 6 (d6). If us...