- Acidic vapours do 1d4 damage per round exposure (save for half), causes exposed metallic surfaces to be pitted unless made of gold, silver, mithril or adamantine.
- Air shaft with steady wind, constant turbulence makes it hard to hear. 1 in 12 chance of extinguishing non-magical flames (candles, torches etc.) or plucking loose or flimsy items (e.g. scrolls) from grasp.
- Brine pipe used for cooling or solution mining. Salt water has no intrinsic harmful effects. May rust exposed metal if left untended for more than a day.
- Dust-bearing vent. Fortitude save (DC12) or be blinded for 1d4 rounds. Anything invisible or hiding is outlined after 1d4 rounds exposure. Scrubbing off takes 2d8 rounds.
- Exhaust bearing away noxious fumes, cinders and smoke from forges. Visibility limited to 20'. 1 in 4 chance of being hit by a cinder for 1 point fire damage. Fortitude save (DC10) to avoid 1 point temporary Con damage every hour.
- Flaming gas for heating or illumination does 2d4 damage per round exposure (save for half), ignites flammable items. Flames go out after 1d6 rounds.
- Gas pipe carrying strange vapours to different parts of the dungeon. Inhalation may induce effects including blindness, exhaustion, poison, sleep or others (DM's discretion).
- Heating vent doubles chance for random encounters due to near body temperature heat. Infravision is blurred out here (-2 to attempts to notice anything).
- Steam vent reduces visibility to 15 feet. Fortitude save (DC12) per minute or become fatigued due to excessive heat until leaving area. 1 in 4 chance of scalding cloud causing 1d6 damage lasting for 1d4 rounds.
- Stinkpipe used to vent noxious vapours from underground cesspits or sewers. Fortitude save (DC12) or become nauseated within the vent and for 1d4 rounds afterwards.
- Sulphur vent. Fortitude save (DC12) or be nauseated within the vent and 1d4 rounds afterwards. 1 in 4 chance of burning cloud for 1d4 fire damage for 1 round only.
- Water vent sprays water and chill vapour. Visibility limited to 30'. 1 in 4 chance of blinded by gout of water for 1 round (Reflex save (DC10) avoids). 50% chance of non-magical flames (candles, torches etc.) extinguished.
Thursday, 20 February 2014
assorted dungeon vents
Positioned at the edge of the first piazza after the market gate, The Lance And Board is a well-maintained stone gatehouse bought as the cit...
A play by Jose Zorilla performed in Spain on All Saint's Day for over 100 years, the story provides buckets of inspiration, be it the n...
Metric: Pieces. Whether of eight, of mind or meeses depends on the game. DISCLAIMER: Review based on PDF copy provided by Open Design. ...
Igneous Ink This ink is used for ritual purposes, igniting once it dries and burning with a faint orange smoky flame equal to candlelight. ...
Roll 1d10 for unlikely loot. Fingerbone skeleton key with jet inlaid handle . The key opens any non-magical lock on 1 in 6 (d6). If us...