- Codex Castigo (600gp) - This weighty illuminated tome (20lbs!) covered in blocks of petrified pine with a tough leather spine holds histories, letters and prophecies. If consulted for 1d4 hours, it gives one of the following (reader's choice)
- +1 bonus to the next 1d6 initiative rolls.
- +2 bonus to the next reaction roll for local nobility.
- +2 bonus to the next reaction roll for any lawful official.
- Darkwood treasure chest with 15 crystal bottles of green liquid and three drinking cups made of silver-dipped humanoid skulls (550gp) - Total weight is 54lb. The chest is worth 100gp (weighs 25lb), Bottles are absinth worth 20gp each (weigh 1½ lb each). The cups are worth 50gp, weigh 2lb and appear to be made from small humans.
- Effigy of naked barbarian with spear in silver (500gp) - Statuette is 2 foot tall and weighs 30lbs.
- Folding triptych of three warrior-saints in painted red maple (500gp) - Weighs 5lbs, exquisitely painted and initialled with the letters Z.S.S.
- Gold-plated greatsword of quality with carnelian pommel (500gp) - This two-handed sword has a +1 non-magical bonus to hit. The carnelian pommel is worth 50gp.
- Housecoat of yeti fur with silver fox trim and carved ivory fastenings (500gp) - Suitable for nobility. Fits a slender human or tall elven female. There are 10 ivory fastenings (4gp each).
- Ingot of platinum (500gp) - An unmarked 1lb ingot that be useful dealing with unscrupulous sorts.
- Jacket of fox fur trimmed with ermine with gold knotwork buttons (500gp) - Suitable for royalty, fits a medium-build human . Has 6 large gold buttons (5gp each).
- Keg of good medium red wine (500gp) - 8 gallon keg which weighs 80lbs.
- Limb wrappings of embroidered linen and jar of unguent (500gp) - Suitable for creating a flesh golem. Cannot be re-used once the task is completed.
- Magnificent black longbow with engraved silver inlays (450gp) - The bow is made of darkwood and is a joy to use. Arrows fired from it gain a non-magical +1 to hit. The inlays can be removed by a bowyer, weigh 1lb and are worth 25gp.
- Nacre-coated bottle of rare perfume (400gp) - The empty bottle is worth 10gp as a curiosity; there are 39 doses of perfume within. Weighs 5lbs.
Friday, 12 April 2013
yet even more unlikely treasures
Positioned at the edge of the first piazza after the market gate, The Lance And Board is a well-maintained stone gatehouse bought as the cit...
Metric: Pieces. Whether of eight, of mind or meeses depends on the game. DISCLAIMER: Review based on PDF copy provided by Open Design. ...
A play by Jose Zorilla performed in Spain on All Saint's Day for over 100 years, the story provides buckets of inspiration, be it the n...
Igneous Ink This ink is used for ritual purposes, igniting once it dries and burning with a faint orange smoky flame equal to candlelight. ...
Roll 1d10 for unlikely loot. Fingerbone skeleton key with jet inlaid handle . The key opens any non-magical lock on 1 in 6 (d6). If us...