- Billowing suspended drapes lends an opulent air. The drapes are neatly repaired canvas in strong colours and treated to resist flames.
- Dome with shaft of light coming down from cupola (circular hole in the top of the dome). The cupola might rarely drip with water.
- Dripping ceiling with water drops splashing 1d6 party members each round with icy-cold, dirty water and staining their cloaks or shoulders.
- Fresco resplendent with fine artistic interpretations of maidens, heroes and the gods. Artwork is uplifting and inspires wonder in it's viewers.
- Glowing cracks in the ceiling emit heat and light equal to a coal fire though light provided is greenish-white and flickering.
- Hooks set in the ceiling at regular intervals (d6+4 feet apart) for the suspension of objects or chains; the room may have multiple purposes.
- Illusion of night sky with strange stars and 1d4 moons. Some constellations are familiar but seen from a different perspective.
- Kaleidoscopic mosaic that shifts in slow geometric patterns. Distracts the weak-willed and gullible (add Wis penalty to initiative).
- Netting hangs in long hammocks capable of supporting bundles of items large enough to stay caught in the mesh of the net.
- Painted ceiling showing maps of neighbouring nations with location of dungeon at the map's centre.
- Racks suspended from ceiling holds selection of equipment in readiness for use. Arms and armour may be typical, climbing gear is less so...
- Strange sculpture of metal and glass casts shadows of leafy boughs on the upper walls when lit by torchlight.
Saturday, 9 March 2013
assorted dungeon ceilings
Positioned at the edge of the first piazza after the market gate, The Lance And Board is a well-maintained stone gatehouse bought as the cit...
A play by Jose Zorilla performed in Spain on All Saint's Day for over 100 years, the story provides buckets of inspiration, be it the n...
Metric: Pieces. Whether of eight, of mind or meeses depends on the game. DISCLAIMER: Review based on PDF copy provided by Open Design. ...
Igneous Ink This ink is used for ritual purposes, igniting once it dries and burning with a faint orange smoky flame equal to candlelight. ...
Roll 1d10 for unlikely loot. Fingerbone skeleton key with jet inlaid handle . The key opens any non-magical lock on 1 in 6 (d6). If us...