- Fingerbone skeleton key with jet inlaid handle. The key opens any non-magical lock on 1 in 6 (d6). If used by a thief to pick locks it adds +2 to the attempt. Magical, puzzle or combination locks foil it.
- Velvet pouch (worth 1gp) holding irregular one-inch pieces of carved cedar wood - the pieces of a puzzle box. Assembly takes a minute and a successful Intelligence check. The box has a sliding lid and is 6 inch by 2 inch by 1 inch. It holds up to 120 stacked coins or a scribe's quills and vial of ink.
- A gold-plated human-sized ceremonial pauldron (plate mail shoulder-piece) etched with reclining nudes. Three thumb-width gold chains form an epaulet. Useless armour, excellent gaudy bling.
- A scabbard of black ash and bronze decorated with a sneering bearded face with tourmaline eyes. Suitable for longsword or similar straight blade. Of sufficient quality to be enchanted.
- Well-worn ivory drinking horn etched with indigo leaf patterns and silver cap attached by slim yet robust chain.
- Brass pocket tin painted with dragons. Inside lurks 3 twists of resinous pipeweed. Each twist causes the smoker to be passive (-4 to Will and to hit rolls) yet relaxed and reasonable (+2 to Charisma for reaction rolls) for the next 2 hours.
- Cream-coloured meerschaum pipe with bowl carved as a reclining dragon's head. Smoke billows from the dragon's mouth. This delightful pipe gives a +2 reaction bonus with pipe-smokers.
- Ivory bracer used for archery, can be adjusted to fit any medium-sized character. This well-worn accoutrement has a runic inscription which is 30% legible. Those who can make it out will read 'Sure hands and swift arrows'.
- Silver snuff box decorated with raised lion emblem. If opened it holds 5 gold pieces and no snuff.
- An embroidered purple velvet bag with violet drawstring (worth 1gp). Inside are 1d20 dead beetles, commonly believed to be an aphrodisiac, in actuality a mild ingested poison (consuming more than one beetle forces a save or take 1 Strength damage, feel fever-warm for 30 minutes per beetle).
Wednesday, 22 February 2012
ten unlikely treasures
Positioned at the edge of the first piazza after the market gate, The Lance And Board is a well-maintained stone gatehouse bought as the cit...
Metric: Pieces. Whether of eight, of mind or meeses depends on the game. DISCLAIMER: Review based on PDF copy provided by Open Design. ...
A play by Jose Zorilla performed in Spain on All Saint's Day for over 100 years, the story provides buckets of inspiration, be it the n...
A trio of sites that help get ideas together. What happens next? That's down to you. Springpad - This intuitive notepad app has hi...
Igneous Ink This ink is used for ritual purposes, igniting once it dries and burning with a faint orange smoky flame equal to candlelight. ...