- Bronze master key. Fits 50% of locks on this level or in this part of the dungeon.
- Darkwood key with long shank. Totally non-conductive for electricity. May be useful for an electrified lock?
- Fulgurite key of hexagonal shape that reduces electrical damage by 2 points when used to open an electrified lock. Worth 300gp.
- Heavy key of magical red-veined iron that reduces heat or fire damage by 2 points when placed in a lock that radiates heat or flames. Worth 300gp.
- Jet key set into ring carved from a single piece of stone used by ancient wizards. Warm to the touch, suitable focus for magic jar. Worth 250gp to arcane collectors, 200gp otherwise.
- Leaden key that reduces negative energy damage by 1 point if inserted into a lock charged with negative energy. Worth 150gp.
- Naga-bone key of interlocking small bones for the blade and a bone cameo for the bow. Worth 200gp for the craftmanship and exotic material.
- Plaited red gold and faience key with spiralling blade and bow shaped as a miniature shepherd's crook. The crook is used to disable a needle trap on certain locks by those in the know. Worth 300gp to the right people, 150gp to the uninitiated.
- Rusted iron key with letters SIR etched on bow. This key radiates moderate transmutation magic. If placed inside a metal lock, and the word 'SIR' is spoken, lock and key collapse into flakes of rust. This destroys and unlocks the particular lock. The key is only usable once. Worth 700gp.
- Topaz key of rose and orange hue. Enchanted to be tough as steel. Worth 600gp due to craftmanship and enchantment.
- Vampiric skeleton key, works on locks 50% of time. If touched by bare skin drains 1 point of Constitution then open locks 75% of the time until next sunrise. Will not be inserted into a lock in sight of a holy symbol. Constitution loss is recovered by 8 hours sleep
- X-bladed silver key. Fits a specific superior lock that imposes a -20% (-4) to picking due to wards.
Thursday, 1 May 2014
assorted dungeon keys
And if you thought the lock was unusual, check out the keys. Roll d12.
Positioned at the edge of the first piazza after the market gate, The Lance And Board is a well-maintained stone gatehouse bought as the cit...
Igneous Ink This ink is used for ritual purposes, igniting once it dries and burning with a faint orange smoky flame equal to candlelight. ...
Metric: Pieces. Whether of eight, of mind or meeses depends on the game. DISCLAIMER: Review based on PDF copy provided by Open Design. ...
A play by Jose Zorilla performed in Spain on All Saint's Day for over 100 years, the story provides buckets of inspiration, be it the n...
Sometimes, random doesn't quite cut it - there, I've said it. You need something to grace a hoard that may be of value beyond th...