|Czech decorated eggs courtesy of WikiMedia|
Table V: A dozen dungeon eggs
- Alabaster egg plays magic tinking chimes for 1d6 rounds when sat on it's end and spun clockwise.
- Cock's egg laid by an enchanted rooster, this tainted item spawns a basilisk if incubated by a snake.
- Duck's eggshell grenade filled with powder. A successful to hit roll on a foe with eyes blinds them for d4 rounds.
- Goose eggshell holds magic dust that reveals invisible objects, turning them pearlescent for 9 rounds.
- Jewelled lacquered egg crusted in semi-precious stones worth 1d6 x 100gp.
- Painted ceramic egg with formula for a 1st-level wizard spell in tiny writing.
- Pitted egg of smelted iron, weighs 3 lb, workable into iron or steel or a meal for a rust monster.
- Puzzle egg of brass and iron (needs Open Locks roll to open) contains a gem worth 100gp.
- Quail's eggshell filled with a dose of dust causing inhaler to breathe water as air for 9 – level rounds.
- Rubbery black egg useful as diversion. If thrown, it does 1 + Strength non-lethal damage.
- Tarnished silver egg contains 8 ounces of high-quality snuff (8gp) kept in perfect condition.
- White, smooth egg, left to it's own devices a baby amphisbaena will hatch in 1d6 hours.